Week In Review - The One with the Soreness

Happy Monday! How are you today? The week started out mellow and sore.



Workouts
Tuesday- 2 mile walk
Wednesday - 3 mile and weights
Friday- 6 miles (2 easy, 4 tempo-ish) and light weights

I woke up really sore from Squirrely Tail Half, my ankles were very sore, and for some reason the muscles around my elbows were sore too. I haven't been sore for a half marathon, since my second half! But this one was a lot of extra work.

On Tuesday I wanted to go for a run, but my ankles were still sore. So we took a short walk instead.

Wednesday, I finally went for a run and it felt good! It helped that the weather was perfect. My body has been ready for Spring Forward since November! We came home and did some weights and lots of stretching.



On Friday I did my 6 mile run on the treadmill.  My body was not ready to deal with heavy winds. This was supposed to be a tempo run, but I find it really hard to run tempo on the treadmill.

On Saturday we went to Lititz PA. We really love Lititiz, it's a really cute town, with cute shops and that small town feeling.

 
 


And Sunday was our last long run before Rock 'n' Roll DC !! It was very windy, and that made the end of our run very cold, but we are on target with our miles and paces.


Currently Reading

I am on a quest to read Hillary Clinton books, and last week I started Living History by Hillary Clinton. She has a very soothing writing style. We also picked up a few books at Aaron's Books and will be re-reading A Wrinkle In Time by Madeline L'Engle.

 
Spoiler alert, we got all three books

 
How was your week?

When was the last time you were sore from a race?









Comments

  1. Ugh, I'm sore today too and it's just after a 10k! I'm not sure why but all I can imagine is the wind played some role in that. That's great that you're doing RnR DC again! I ended up deciding not to after how cold it was last year and switched to an April half instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wind always plays a role on running. It is so hard to run against the wind, it takes a lot of extra energy!

      I'm excited for DC!

      what are you running in April?

      Delete
  2. I haven't officially raced since September (and I was very sore! LOL), but I definitely had tired legs after my 10-mile run yesterday.

    Litiz sounds like a cute town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 10 mile run! how awesome!!

      Lititz is an adorable town, I want to do a post on it, just need more pictures.

      Delete
  3. Paul and I haven't been to Lititz in like 4 years. We were only there once and it was for my birthday.

    If I don't run trail for awhile, my ankles are ALWAYS sore for the next couple days. It's just from all those little stabilizer muscles we don't normally use on the road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to run more trail, my ankles were MAD at me for a long time. I need to stop slacking.

      You need to visit Lititz again! it's a really cute town.

      Delete
  4. That's a great grouping of books! I am going to try and re-read Wrinkle in Time this weekend. I remember the first time around it was really captivating and I breezed through it in a couple days. Granted I was much younger then... I hope I still like it! I honestly CANNOT wait for the movie! Mindy + a favorite childhood book = what more could a girl ask for?! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you going to watch Mindy's new show? We started the book earlier this week, and I cannot wait to finish it. My son now wants to go see the movie.

      Delete
  5. I find it hard to do any kind of runs on the treadmill. So there's that...

    Good luck at RnR DC! It's one I've always wanted to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should make the trip for the race here! It's a really amazing one! we ran by the museums, by the white house, by the Lincoln Memorial. It's a really great race!

      Delete

Post a Comment