Friday Five 2.0- Women

Happy Friday! How is your day going?

I'm Linking up with the Friday five 2.0 ladies at Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy .



 I was inspired yesterday by International Women's day and all the post of amazing women everywhere, and today I want to talk about women, We are just too awesome to contain in one day alone!



My Mom - The Number one woman in my life is My Mom. She raised me to be a strong and independent woman, who valued education, hard work and family. And after so many years of being on my own, I am always ready to admit: Mom, You were right about everything.


Sisters- My sisters have been with me through everything. They are only ones who understand what our lives have been like... from growing up in Mexico, to moving to the USA, to learning English and going to college. I can count on them for anything, especially on them watching my son for me to go to races or concerts.



Women Runners- I have had the amazing luck to get to meet, and run with amazing women, or learn your journey through your blogs and social media. Like Megan has said before, I'm not inspired by famous runners, I'm inspired by all of you. All of you who go out there and run, and kick butt at meeting your goals. You do it, while taking care of a family, while raising your children, while working full time jobs. You are amazing !





Women Co-workers- I am humbled by the compassion I see my co-workers show every single day. We are not paid a lot of money, but the women at my office come in everyday, go above their responsibilities and change lives.


Women Authors- I'm a book nerd, and need my books written by women. After all, women authors have given us amazing books, Harry Potter, The Handmaid's Tale, To Kill A Mockingbird, Gone Girl, The Outsiders, Pride and Prejudice.... and there is thousands more.


Tell me about the amazing women in your life!!

Who inspires you to be amazing?

How do you stay amazing yourself?




Comments

  1. Oh this is a great tribute to all of the women in your life!

    It's not that I don't think professional athletes are awesome, they definitely are. But I just don't relate to them. I related to all my running and running blogger friends because like you said, they get it all done with juggling lots of responsibilities.

    My #1 woman is my mom. She made me the person I am today! Strong, confident, and outspoken!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely agree with you on processional athletes. They are awesome and they are out there kicking butt everyday, and that's amazing. But I can see Shalane win the NYC marathon and feel happy about it, but not as excited as seeing friends meeting their own personal goals. When I'm out at races, or running I see so many women running and thing "Good for you!! go get those goals!"

      Moms are amazing!!

      Delete
  2. What a great thank you to the women in your life! The women in my life are all amazing as well, I have my mom, sister, grandmother and even great grandmother. All strong and amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Women are amazing! WE need to be told that more often!

      Delete
  3. I agree with you...although I'm impressed by famous women who have made a path for us, I am even MORE impressed by the ones like us who do all their things without recognition and are always at the ready to help someone else achieve a goal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! We are so ready to help and encourage each other!! We regular women runners rock !!

      Delete
  4. You are so lucky to be surrounded by so many women you admire! I agree with the comment about professional athletes. They are awesome but what really impresses me is people just like us that have full time jobs and responsibilities other than running who still get out and do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!! WE don't have a team of people training us, or giving us the latest technology to train and the hippest food. We are amazing!!

      Delete
  5. How wonderful to have such a strong female support system. That hasn't always been the case for me. You nailed it when you said the everyday people who bust their butts and get it done in addition to working, caring for loved ones, etc. Those are the people who inspire me most.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't do a post like this because I have so many women in my life that I admire! The running friends, of course. My mom and my sisters. The nurses and medical assistants I work with now and have worked with over the years. My friends. The list goes on...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tribute to women! You're very lucky. :) I'm glad that International Women's Day seemed to be a much bigger deal this year than in the past.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment