I Can't Act Like a 25 Year Old anymore

Last night, I went with my sisters to New York City. My younger sister had a birthday earlier this week, and all she wanted for her birthday was to go see Ricardo Arjona in concert at Madison Square Garden, in New York City. I didn't get her a present, so I made plans to follow her wishes... but man! My body doesn't like flash trips anymore!



We started doing flash trips to New York back in 2005, when we went to see La Ley. We took the train and spent the rest of the night at the club where the concert was, and another 3 hours at the train station waiting for the first train back home. We slept about 2 hours on the train, and went to work.... I was 23 and a night of no sleep barely affected me.

We managed a few more trips before my body started to give up. For the last 3 years, it has become harder and harder to recuperate from those trips. Now my body demands at least 6 solid hours of sleep and a good meal, before and after the show. But work keeps interfering with my concert plans and I have to find a way to manage both, the concerts and going to work the next day.

But until the bands that I love start touring on weekends, I will need to learn to recover better and faster. For now, I'll keep alternating drinking water and coffee.






Comments

  1. Ha! I can relate to that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sleep is too precious to miss it!

      Delete
  2. It is harder to do stuff like this the older we get! Once in awhile is fine though. When I decide whether to do something like this, I think to myself, "Will I regret it if I go?" If the answer is no, then I do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ask myself something similar... Will I regret it if I skip it? I would rather be in pain, than regret skipping on something I wanted to do. There was a band I wanted to see for years, they came to DC, but it was on a Sunday. I would have had to take off part of Monday and ask my family to watch my son, but I regret so much that I didn't go see them, I have been a fan of Maldita Vecindad for years!

      Delete

Post a Comment