Training Week January 10th- January 16th

After celebrating my son's birthday on Saturday and consuming some bigger amounts of sweets than planned, training week was off to a bit of a rocky start.

Sunday 1.10.16

Long run that was cut short. Ran 8 miles, of the 13 we were scheduled for. Few complications were the strong wind, hunger and knee pain.



Monday 1.11.16
1 hour of Zumba with Susan.
25 minutes of strength training with Roger



Tuesday 1.12.16
Rest Day

Wednesday 1.13.16
Rest Day

Thursday 1.14.16
Tempo Run 3.67- We did a group run with Fleet Feet Mechanicsburg. They do group runs every Thursday night, and I've been asking Roger to come with me to one for a long time, he finally agreed to go. It was nice to run with a group, even though we felt we were super slow, because the first 10 runners were super fast.



Friday 1.15.16

Treadmill 3.10 miles and 30 minutes of weights

Oh, Friday! Friday was a stressful day. I was busy non stop at the office all day. Then got stuck in traffic coming home. Took me 1.5 hours to get home, and once I got there, all I wanted to do was take a nap. But I made the choice to go to the gym and do my run. Then returned home to do some crazy weight exercises. I put Roger to work on taking pictures of me.... but was tired and forgot to get them from him. But he found the one in which I looked scariest and posted it on Instagram.

Saturday - 8:00 am Zumba and rest, followed by a super awesome breakfast at Sofias. I really love their pancakes.

There are some days in which I can see myself running a marathon, there are other days in which I feel it would be impossible. Maybe in a month I will know for sure.


How is your training week going? Training for anything specific? Do you like running in a group, or do you prefer to run alone?




Comments