Week in Review- Pre Polar Vortex

Last week was the beginning of a very cold week, we started out with a very frosty day on MLK Day and just lazied it up from there.


Running 

When I figured out I had Monday off, I figured I would run outside and do all of this outside things. Then reality set it and I realized it was going to be freezing cold outside. We stayed in all day and watched Food Network for most of the day, it's a little embarrassing, but it's really not.

After my haircut on Thursday, I met Roger at the YMCA for a quick treadmill run. He said I had to run 3 miles under 29 minutes, which I can do, but not on the treadmill. I challenged myself and ran as fast as I could. I was panting, sweating and suffering, and finished 3 miles in 30 minutes. I was all proud of myself and turned to Roger and asked how far he had gotten, and he said " I did 3 miles in 28 minutes". I was very confused... how did he do that? I was on 7.2 for most of the run, and he didn't go over 5.3 on his treadmill. Then he told me he took smaller steps to trick his GPS. I felt cheated.

Saturday we ventured out for a run outside. We went to Wildwood to run 2 loops, it was really cold!


Sunday, we ran at Hershey for another 6 miles. We were supposed to run 8, but got too lazy in the morning and had to cut it at 6.



Reading 

I finished Hidden Figures, and An American Marriage by  Tayari Jones. I also finished My Not So Perfect Life, and started Vox by Christina Dalcher.

This book was amazing, in a very quiet and subtle way. So many things happened, but nothing happened. I cried at the end of it and highly recommend it.


I am still working on Fresh Off The Boat, and hope to finish it this weekend, because I already got another book from the library. 

I find it easier to focus on books in the winter, when it's too cold to be outside, hence the multiple books at once. 

My son finished his first book of the year last week, as part of the school "One book, One District" project. They read Frindle.... I find that book really annoying. 


Watching 

We finally finished Narcos on Netflix! We started the show backwards, we started with Narcos: Mexico, and then we moved to Narcos ( Colombia) and were hooked! I think what is scariest about this show, is the most of this happened in real life. For the last couple episodes of Narcos season 3, we were on the edge of our seat screaming at the TV, it was that intense. 

Pacho is My favorite Character from Narcos Colombia, it could be because I find Alberto Ammann to be a great actor. Picture from Narcos Instagram
I didn't respect Diego Luna as an actor before he was in Narcos : Mexico. Picture from Narcos Instagram


Right after Christmas for the last 4 years, we watch Happy Endings. One year we binged watched it in 2 days, last year we only finished season 1. This year we took our time and savored it until the last episode. I guess it's now tradition to watch Happy Endings at the beginning of Winter. 



Learning 

I am at the last section of Verbs: Infinitive 1. It has been an easy Unit, compared to the unit before. I am still confusing Ele/ Ela and have forgotten how to say pillow and crib. 

Now to get ready to go for a mid run. 

Comments

  1. Great job with getting out in the cold for runs! And tricking the treadmill with smaller steps, I didn’t even know you could do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I used to watch Happy Endings when it was on TV! I wanted to do a trial run on MLK day but you are right, it was just too cold!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment