Week In Review- I'm Back

I have missed doing my weeks in review! Whenever I can't remember what I did, I went back and looked at my blog, since I haven't done a week in review in a while, I have little recollection of my life in the last 2 months.

New Year,  and new things to check up on my progress each week.

Running 

Tuesday: 3 very cold miles after work. I was so cold, after the run I went home and hid under three blankets, it took a while to warm up again.

Wednesday: 4 miles. Still cold, but didn't feel like I was dying after the run. In fat, after my run I went to Simply Turkey to pick up a wrap for dinner.



Friday: 3 quick miles on the treadmill and Weights. We didn't have time to do more, because of the school delay.

Sunday: 6 treadmill miles. It was freezing cold outside, and I'm allergic to the cold. We also did weights.

Total miles : 16. I fell behind by 4 miles, because I can't deal with how cold it is and I have no motivation to deal with the treadmill.


Reading 

I have big goals for reading this year. In previous years, I only talk about one main book per week, but IRL, I'm likely listening to two other books... this year, I'm going to keep it real. 

I'm listening to Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterly while I run reports and file at work. 

I'm listening to My Not So Perfect life by Sophie Kinsella in the car. I spend a lot of time in the car, and I'm tired of listening to the news right now. 

And I'm reading Fresh Off The Boat by Eddie Huang at home. I read when my son is reading, and before going to bed. Little by little, I *read* about 1 book per month. 



Learning 

I mentioned here a while ago that I'm trying to pick up basic Portuguese on Duolingo, and occasionally, I will give updates here. My last two weeks I've been trying to finally complete the household Level, which was also a part review of the 8 levels before. But I kept getting frustrated and rushing through the lessons, causing me to mess up small details. My brain will forever confuse he/she and ele/Ela. 

I also kept confusing brinquedo (toy) with traveserio ( pillow)... every single time! 


Planning 

After I bought my planner, I sat down and came up with some plans for the year. Last year I repeated a lot of the same races from 2017, and this year I need to try something different. I signed up for the Garden Spot Half marathon, and I am looking at two other new to me races. 

We are also looking at the calendar to plan visits to more state parks. We are starting to dream about summer, especially in this frigid cold days. 






Comments

  1. Sounds like some great plans for the year! I'm already dreaming about the Summer too. I know Winter has just started and we're barely through but I'm already ready for it to be over :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Portuguese at ALL similar to Spanish? I am TEARING UP my Spanish on Duolingo! I'm on a 33 day streak! I am getting pretty good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment