Week In Review - Heating Up

Happy Sunday! How are you today? I hope you had a fantastic weekend. I just finished watching the last World Cup game, and France won! Croatia did amazing, and were a very strong team. Congratulations France!




Running

What a hot week it was ! Every single run this week was drenched it sweat! This week was intervals, in 88 degrees, tempo run in 80 degrees, easy run in 85 and long run on 80 degrees. 




I ate a few gnats during my intervals.... not fun. 


I call this one 9 years post baby body

On Saturday I was supposed to do my long run, and get up at 5:30 am. First I didn't hear my alarm, or turned it off, and when I did wake up, I had terrible vertigo. I got up to use the bathroom and couldn't get the room to stop spinning. I sat down on the couch willing the dizziness to go away, but I just felt sicker. I went back to bed and slept for a few more hours and woke up feeling a lot better. It was a stressful week, and my body was trying to get some rest. 

Mothering

Another fantastic week with my son, and his summer vacation. This week we went to pay racketball and to the pool. But I didn't take pictures of that. I do have this great picture of my kid while we were having breakfast. 



Currently Reading 

I added the book Chicana Falsa by Michelle Serros to my TBR list years ago, after listening to her interview on NPR. I kept debating to order the book, but I kept putting it off. During a conversation with my sister, she said that she had a copy of this book, and asked me if I wanted it. I said yes!! The copy is also signed by the author, whom my sister met back in 2004!


Those tacos are so delicious!

Comments

  1. I'm glad it wasn't a work day when you experienced that vertigo. Glad it got better. That can be scary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! me too! It was awful! I think all the stress from work got to me this week.

      Delete
  2. It sure was a hot week! Of course you got your workouts in though! I'm sorry you didn't feel well Saturday morning. Do you only get vertigo in the am?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I get vertigo, it's first thing in the morning. It's weird... it's like if I wake up during deep sleep, my brain can't deal with waking up. I can usually sleep it off.

      Delete
  3. Ugh, the vertigo sounds awful. I'm glad it went away after a bit and you felt better. I'm sure the hot temperatures didn't help anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not been doing well at staying hydrated, so you are absolutely right that the high temps didn't help. I need to work on my water intake.

      Delete

Post a Comment