Weekly Wrap 11.13.2016

Good Morning,

how are you today? how was your week?

This week linking up with Holly and Tricia.



Workouts
Tuesday - 3 miles and Weights
Friday- 3 miles and weights

Last week was pretty awful, I really don't want to talk about it again. But this weekend was pretty good, so I'm going to tell you about it, but first, shout outs

Shout outs - Congratulations to Karen on her first Marathon, also congratulations to Heather on her Richmond Marathon. Emily And Chaitali were running Rock 'n' Roll Las Vegas, and I was oh so jealous!

Saturday my son and I had a lunch date. I love having lunch dates with my son! We went to a Mexican restaurant, because from now on, I will be supporting more restaurants owned by immigrants. My son and I had a good talk about his week and what our plans are for the Holidays.



After that we headed to 2nd and Charles, our favorite used book store. We picked up the last of the Junie B. Jones Series, and Silent Spring by Rachel Carson at really good prices!!  We also did some more Christmas shopping. My goal is to have all my shopping done by December 12.



In my family we all do a Christmas Wish List, because buying random things for people is never fun, and expensive. It is a very helpful tool! We crossed off items for 3 different family members, so, we were happy!
 
Late Saturday night, Roger, my son and I worked on our Marathon signs, which turned out pretty awesome!

My boy still confuses b with d... that is supposed to say "you can Do it"
 
 

On Sunday we went to spectate and cheered friends the Harrisburg Marathon. We ran into Megan, who was there to cheer her brother.

We were cheering near a water stop, so my son asked if he could help out pass water, we asked the volunteers and the welcomed the help. I know I am totally bragging, but having a kid this caring makes it mandatory to brag about him.

My kid on the green vest handing out Honey stinger

We found my friends at the finish line and after congratulating them, we headed home. We were tired!


How is your Christmas shopping ?
How do you know what to buy your family?
Do you make homemade gifts for your family?
Why is making Marathon signs so much work?


 

Comments

  1. I have thoughts on what to buy my family for Christmas but I just haven't bought any of it yet! I should probably start that this week!
    How fun to spectate. You really do have a great son!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shopping for family is very difficult! good luck !

      My kid is pretty amazing!

      Delete
  2. Oh that's so cool that you ran into Meg! And that she ran into you! I didn't realize you guys lived close to each other. I wish I could run into you both like that! I'm jealous. Okay so Chrsitmas stresses me out A LOT. I think I may need to write a post about it. I really really want to turn my mindset around and have a fresh and new perspective so that the holidays don't feel so negative to me. I'm hoping that I will be able to do that soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are town neighbors! it's really awesome! plus, Megan is a super cool person!

      I used to hate Christmas and the stress of the holiday, one year I was close to a nervous breakdown trying to find the perfect presents. Then we decided to just tell each other exactly what we wanted and that took the misery out of the holiday. Yes, write a post about it, we all have this pressure to make the holiday perfect and over stress over small details, which makes the holiday full of anxiety for me.

      Delete
  3. It was great to see you! :) Let me know your favorite restaurants you like to support. Good to know there's another Tokyo Diner lover out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! sorry we couldn't talk longer!

      Roger is obsessed with Tokyo Diner right now! since his other favorite closed.

      We go to many different immigrant owned places, Cedar's, El Sol, Hellenic Kouzina, I'll share more with you. Now more than ever, they need our support!

      Delete
    2. We have been wanting to try Hellen ice Kouzina!!! Wowe my phone wanted to autocorrect the shit out of that. :)

      Delete
    3. Try it! Their Gyros are delicious, and they are also BYOB. If you go, try their Greek Fries, they are so delicious!

      Delete
  4. I never have any clue what to buy anyone. And as a person who isn't really in to gifts I need a concrete list to go off of, otherwise, everything people usually want just sounds like a waste of money. I like to buy people booze, or suggest we call it even and both go out for a fun dinner after the holidays. Not for family, but for friends. Usually people are relieved to buy one less gift, and I am relieved I'll be receiving one less gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I very much agree with you! I have gone as far as asking my family if I can go shopping with them, and buy anything they want (within a reasonable price) and call it my Christmas present to them.

      I also have offered to take them out to a nice meal or a gift card to wherever they want. I would rather my gift go to something they will enjoy than it sit in a closet unused.

      Delete
  5. I always appreciate not having to cook ! and supporting this hard working families is just the extra incentive for me.

    One year, I will run Las Vegas! You should come too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am terrible at buying Christmas gifts. I welcome any and all suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy,

      I strongly suggest asking your family for a wish list, it is 100 time easier than trying to guess.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like you had a great weekend. Those signs are great! They just opened a 2nd and Charles near me and I have been meaning to check it out. And thanks for the Shout Out - you are awesome for always remembering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2nd and Charles is amazing! whenever we go, we don't want to leave.

      You are awesome for doing two marathons so close to each other!

      Delete
  8. The thought of Christmas shopping stresses me out. And no, I haven't started. My kids are pretty good about vocalizing what they want, thankfully. I haven't spectated at a marathon but would really like to! I'd like to experience one from the other side. It is so sweet your son wanted to help. Thanks for linking, Ana!

    ReplyDelete
  9. At one time I loved Christmas shopping, now, I'd rather take a beating! I just don't like all the crowds and I get very impatient. I never know what to buy my family sometimes I'll make homemade gifts like a painted quote or something, sometimes I'll take the easy way out and do gift certificates!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment